Welcome to the Spanish HIV Clinical Forum website!
The 2nd Spanish HIV Clinical Forum on Integrase Inhibitors will be held on 10 & 11 May, 2017 in Málaga, just prior to SEIMC 2017.
This program is an abstract-driven scientific & educational program dedicated to the integration of science and clinical practice focusing on Integrase Inhibitors.
By joining us, you will be updated on the latest developments related to Integrase, and will be provided with a platform to share your clinical experience. The program will include plenary lectures, Q&A and debate, stimulating interaction in order to bridge the knowledge gap between experts and the HIV treatment community.
This Forum offers a unique platform for discussion on the clinical utility of Integrase Inhibitors in daily practice. After your participation in the meeting, you will be able to:
identify and manage patients who would be eligible for induction-maintenance therapy;
recognize potential drug interactions and, based on this knowledge, develop treatment strategies that could prevent these interactions;
design treatment strategies for different patient populations;
describe and identify the various factors that influence the use of long acting antivirals.
Who should attend?
If you are doing research on or have clinical experience with Integrase Inhibitors or if you are interested in learning more about using Integrase Inhibitors in daily practice, please join us on 10 & 11 May, 2017 in Málaga. Location: Hilton Garden Inn Málaga (Avenida Velazquez 126, Malaga, 29004, Spain).
We look forward to welcoming you to the meeting in Málaga!
The Program Chairs
Hospital Clínico Universitario de Santiago de Compostela
Hospital Gregorio Marañón
José Ramón Blanco
Hospital San Pedro – CIBIR
Instituto de Recerca HSCSP / Hospital Santa María
Josep María Llibre
University Hospital Germans Trias i Pujol
Hospital 12 de Octubre
Esteban Ribera Pascuet
Hospital Universitari Vall d’Hebron
Hospital Reina Sofía, Instituto Maimonides de Investigación Biomédica
Hospital Virgen de la Victoria
Wednesday 10 May
|12:30 – 1:00 PM||Registration|
|2:00 – 2:10 PM||Welcome, Introductions, Goals|
|2:10 – 2:30 PM||2016-2017 – Key advances in HIV treatment (in Spanish)
Jose Arribas, Hospital Universitario La Paz
|2:30 – 2:45 PM||Discussion|
|2:45 – 3:05 PM||Update on HIV Transmitted and acquired integrase resistance in Spain – relevance to routine clinical practice (in Spanish)
Federico García, Hospital Clinico San Cecilio
|3:05 – 3:15 PM||Discussion|
|3:15 – 4:15 PM||Abstract presentations|
|4:45 – 5:00 PM||Reduced drug regimens, what’s the magic number: three, two or one? – Overview
Jonathan Schapiro, Sheba Medical Center, Israel
|5:00 – 5:20 PM||Virological perspective (in Spanish)
Santiago Moreno, Hospital Ramón y Cajal
|5:20 – 5:30 PM||Discussion|
|5:30 – 5:50 PM||Pharmacological perspective (in Spanish)
José Moltó, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol
|5:50 – 6:00 PM||Discussion|
|6:00 – 6:20 PM||Toxicity and co-morbidities perspective (in Spanish)
José Ignacio Bernardino, Hospital Universitario La Paz
|6:20 – 6:30 PM||Discussion|
|6:30 – 7:00 PM||Clinical case on reduced drug regimen with integrase inhibitors (in Spanish)
Federico Pulido, Hospital 12 de Octubre
Thursday 11 May
|9:00 – 9:20 AM||HIV Prevention 2.0
Charles Boucher, Erasmus Medical Center, The Netherlands
|9:20 – 9:40 AM||PrEP and prevention (in Spanish)
Pep Coll, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol
|9:40 – 9:50 AM||Discussion|
|9:50 – 10:40 AM||Abstract driven presentations|
|10:40 – 11:10 AM||Round Table Discussion: Key Advances in HIV Treatment – How best to improve patient care?
Program Chairs and Faculty
|11:10 AM||Summary and Close|
Don’t miss out and register for the exciting 2nd Spanish HIV Clinical Forum meeting in Málaga, Spain! Use the “Register Now” button at the bottom of this page.
Registration is free for Healthcare Practitioners.
| Registration fees
|Healthcare practitioners*||Free registration|
| Sponsoring Industry
|10 free registration slots|
|Additional registrations||EUR 595|
*Healthcare practitioners are defined as professionals that provide any type of health care service to HIV-infected patients. If you are not sure, please do not hesitate to contact the Conference Secretariat.
**Non-HCPs are defined as individuals not providing any healthcare service to patients or are part of a commercial pharma company
***Industry is defined as representatives of a commercial institute that do not financially support this workshop (you can find an overview of the workshop sponsors on the workshop website).
***Sponsoring Industry is defined as representatives of a commercial institute that financially support this workshop (you can find an overview of the workshop sponsors on the workshop website).
Registration does not include accommodation. Should you not be eligible to apply for a grant, but require accommodation, please contact the Conference Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
REGISTRATION IS LIMITED!
– We strongly suggest that you register early to ensure your spot at the meeting, as registration will no longer be possible when the capacity of the venue is reached.
– Submission of your online registration does not guarantee that your registration has been accepted. Your registration is final when a confirmation of your registration has been sent.
Late breaking bstract submission deadline: 21 April 2017
Abstracts should contain the following four components (please bold the four section headings noted below within the text of your abstract submission):
Background: a concise statement of the issue under investigation or a hypothesis;
Materials & Methods: the experimental methods used (including the statistical analyses employed);
Results: specific findings (promises such as “to be completed” or “to be presented” are not acceptable);
Conclusions: a summary of findings that are supported by your results (statistical analyses used to support the conclusions, where appropriate, should be included; concluding statements such as “the results will be discussed” are not acceptable).
Please note that abstracts cannot be accepted if tables, graphs, grant acknowledgements or literature references are included. The maximum word count for the abstract body is 500 words.
Abstracts are considered official communications to the conference and will be treated confidentially.
Submitters of acccepted abstracts agree to attend the meeting and present their abstract as scheduled.
Categories for abstract submission
For purposes of review and programming, abstracts are divided into topical categories. Selection of the most appropriate category is important as it determines who reviews your abstract. The Program Committee reserves the right to reassign your abstract to a more appropriate category.
We encourage you to submit your abstracts on the following topics:
– Basic Virology
– Pharmacology and Drug interactions
– Reduced Drug Regimens
– Clinical Trials
– Informative case reports
Notification of abstract acceptance and presentation format
Notifications of acceptance and format of presentation (oral or poster presentation) will be e-mailed to submitting authors within two weeks after the abstract submission deadline. It is the responsibility of the corresponding/presenting author to inform all co-authors of the abstract’s status.
If an abstract is accepted, one author is required to register for the conference and present the paper as scheduled.
Abstract Submitter’s Registration Guidelines will be sent together with the notification. Guidelines for preparing your oral and/or poster presentations will be sent after your abstract has been accepted.
Accepted abstracts will be published in the Conference Abstract Book, which will be distributed during the conference. In addition, all abstracts will be published in the journal “Reviews in Antiviral Therapy & Infectious Diseases”. Please note that the conference secretariat cannot be held responsible for any typing or language errors in the submitted abstracts as only the format of the abstracts will be changed and not the content.
Financial backing from the corporate community will help us deliver an impactful and essential meeting experience. This collaboration plays a vital for both the organizational as well as the scientific success of the program.
Your financial support will help advance the field significantly by providing healthcare professionals with a platform to present findings, discuss conclusions, and create strategies for the future.
Show your commitment to the cause and get in touch with us for a tailored support package, please contact Alice Posthumus-Plantinga at email@example.com or call +31 6 224 82 179.
This educational activity is supported by an educational grant from Laboratorios ViiV Healthcare.
The Spanish HIV Clinical Forum is endorsed by the following organizations. Their support and collaboration play a key role to this meeting’s success and we are proud and honoured to call each and every one of them partners. Members of the below organizations receive a 25% discount on registration fees. Get in touch with us if you want your organization to be part of the Spanish HIV Clinical Forum at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conference Participation Grants (CPGs)
Virology Education (VE), with generous support by ViiV Healthcare, is offering Conference Participation Grants (CPG’s) for the 2nd Spanish HIV Clinical Forum: Integrase Inhibitors in Málaga, Spain on 10 & 11 May 2017 to HIV Healthcare professionals from Spain.
WHAT DOES THE CPG COVER?
- registration to the Conference, including:
- support for air travel of up to EUR 300
- hotel accommodation on the conference dates (1 night)
- All arrangements will be made by VE.
- Applicants must be able to attend the Conference
- Applicants will be responsible for all other costs associated with Conference attendance.
- Please see the Conference website for further details about the Conference.
WHAT IS EXPECTED FROM THE GRANT RECIPIENTS?
- Recipient will be onsite at the Conference, attend all sessions and participate actively for the duration of the Conference.
- Recipient will write a brief article about his/her Conference experience (approximately 500 words) for Conference publicity purposes within 3 months of the end of the Conference.
- The applicant must be a Healthcare Professional
- The applicant must be willing to share his/her experience at the Conference within their network
- The applicant must declare that she/he is able to fund all other costs beyond the grant that are involved in attending the Conference, e.g. all other hotel, travel and subsistence expenses NOT covered by the CPG.
- Your application will include the following:
- your contact details (e.g. name and email address)
- Motivation letter consisting of a written statement of up to 200 words, on
- how attending the Conference will benefit you in a professional capacity
- how you intend to apply the benefits that you have outlined in a practical way after the Conference
- Recommendation letter(s) (optional)
- Abstract(s) (optional)
- A declaration that you agree with the terms & conditions for application
- Your application must be received by Wednesday 26 April 2017 (extended deadline).
- All applications will be acknowledged upon receipt.
- All applications will be reviewed by an independent CPG Review Committee based on the following Grant Selection Criteria:
- Professional background
- Strategy of knowledge dissemination
- Recommendation by the Scientific and Organizing Committee of the meeting
- Quality of the Abstract (if accepted)
- Young/ Early Career Investigator
- All applicants will receive notification of the application status no later than 28 April 2017.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Retrospective applications will not be considered
- Applications will be considered until the exhaustion of funds
- Applicants will be notified of the decision by email. Successful applicants will be notified with further instructions
- Virology Education reserves the right to make the final decision regarding all applications, which cannot be disputed
Please submit your application through the CPG Application Portal. Should you have difficulties applying for the grant, please do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail: Ms Lena Hartandi-Niesen – email@example.com.
We humbly request your support in encouraging healthcare professionals to apply by forwarding this information to your colleagues.
CME will be applied for at the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME) to provide the following CME activity for medical specialists. The EACCME is an institution of the European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS).
More information about accreditation coming soon.
Hilton Garden Inn
Avenida Velazquez 126
About the Venue
A convenient base for guests who want to catch a flight, or those who wish to spend some time exploring the vibrant city, the Hilton Garden Inn Malaga hotel is located adjacent to the metro station, and is just five miles from Malaga – Costa del Sol Airport (AGP). Enjoy easy access to shops, restaurants, businesses and tourist destinations like Larios Street, Malagueta Beach, Malaga Cathedral and the Alcazaba. Soak up the lively atmosphere of Mitjana Square in the old center of town, admire artwork at the Picasso Museum, or savor freshly grilled sardines on one of the Costa del Sol’s beautiful beaches.
For more information: Hilton Garden Inn Málaga.